documentation process

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Sun Sep 5 15:29:24 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 09:07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I have been in the LDP list for sometime and the
> review process there is something like this
>
> * Author submits the document link to the discussion
> list
> * Peer review is done by volunteers in the list
> * If the document is generally agreed upon to be
> included  the author would then update the document
> according to peer reviews
> * The document would be assigned to editors who would
> then do a language review as well as a technical
> review( need not be the same person).
> * It is included in LDP and goes through a yearly
> review to make sure its relevant and kept updated.
> * If not the document author is contacted off list and
> gently advised to make appropriate updates
> * If the authors cannot maintain the document it is
> moved to the unmaintained list or someone else takes
> over the maintainance or even completely removed where
> it is deemed necessary(gross inaccuracies or such- ex:
> kernel howto)
>
> The author as well as reviewers howto has more
> details. Fedora docs project should probably adopt
> something similar if its not done already

Have you reviewed the process documents that Tammy and Karsten prepared?

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-quick-start/
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/process-docs/

These documents address some of these concerns; Perhaps you can patch
the XML on the latter to include a little bit more on maintenance.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE