installation guide

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Tue Sep 7 23:45:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 17:08, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> I've started to write a draft of the "Starting the Installation Program"
> to see how it goes, and hit the first point requiring a screenshot.
>
> How should "needs screenshot" be marked ?  Should I put in a screenshot
> (which can be discarded later), or just put a placeholder ?

I would put in a comment that looks something like this:

  <!-- FIXME: screenshot needed, showing anaconda screen for
       choosing mouse. -->

Sorry about the funky indentation there, but hopefully you get my
meaning. Remember that there is a difference between a "screen" and a
"dialog." Make sure the FIXME comment is exacting enough so someone can
contribute a screenshot without any guesswork about what you meant.

I think most people, whether working on code or documents, would agree
that having a string like "FIXME" in a problem area allows anyone to
quickly find it again. Load into editor, search for "FIXME," and now you
have an easy checklist! :-)

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE