installation guide

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Sep 8 13:46:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 06:14, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 00:45, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 17:08, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> > > I've started to write a draft of the "Starting the Installation Program"
> > > to see how it goes, and hit the first point requiring a screenshot.
> > >
> > > How should "needs screenshot" be marked ?  Should I put in a screenshot
> > > (which can be discarded later), or just put a placeholder ?
>
> Why not put in a screenshot markup, whatever you are going to use,
> then find a suitable image.
>
> Then as you obtain the correct images, simply change the
> default for the right one?

True, you could just use The GIMP to make a 500x375 light gray
rectangle, and put a big "SCREENSHOT OF..." message in it. On the other
hand, that needlessly bloats the tarball, although I suspect if you kept
to a solid color rectangle and a solid color text, the graphic should
compress to a pretty minimal size.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE