draft notice text

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 20:52:56 UTC 2004

I was about to add the common draft notice file from bug #132415, but I
wanted to discuss the wording of the notice a bit more. (This was
discussed on the Hardening Doc Preview thread, but I am starting a new
one with a more appropriate subject.)

The text proposed for the note is as follows:

<note>
  <title>Draft Notice</title>
  <para>This version of this document is not yet affiliated with the Fedora Docs
    Project.  It is a draft, and may be submitted to the project for
    review/approval at a later date.  Until that time, that document will
    be receiving constant updates, and may change frequently.
  </para>
</note>

Saying that it isn't affliliated with the Fedora Docs Project might be
misleading. It is being worked on for the project, but it isn't final
yet. Also, it would be nice to tell readers how to help with the
document if they are reading it. So, how about the following:

<note>
  <title>DRAFT</title>
  <para>
    This is a draft version of the document. It is subject to change
    at any time and may not have been tested for technical accuracy
    yet. If you find any errors, please report them via Bugzilla in bug
    &BUG-NUM;.
  </para>
</note>

Then, in the parent file, the entity &BUG-NUM; would a link to the
Bugzilla entry for that document.

Thoughts?

Tammy