Look of Fedora docs

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 14:46:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:11, Vladimir Djokic wrote:
> On сре, 2004-09-22 at 00:06 +0200, Vladimir Djokic wrote:
> > >

> > 	ok, i'll do that :)
> >
> > 	bye,
> > 	vladeck.
> >

> 	quick mockups:
> 	http://www.gnome-ppp.org/fedora/docs/network-config-ethernet.html
> 	http://www.gnome-ppp.org/fedora/docs/network-config-ethernet-2.html
>
> 	they're allmost the same :)
>
> 	bye,
> 	vladeck.
>
> --
> "Theres no room for ideals in this mechanical place. There has to be
> passion. "

I like them. They have a nice, clean look to them. I prefer the logo on
the left, but that is just my opinion. The top blue headerseems a little
big. I would like to see it smaller. I would also prefer the Fedora
Project logo instead of the Fedora Core logo since we might get into
documenting software in Fedora Extras or Fedora Legacy.

On the Fedora website, we already have a header with a logo, so we would
want to use a slightly different css to not add the blue header to them.

Just to make sure, did you create the icons or borrow them from
somewhere else? If you borrowed them, we need to make sure they are
under the GPL. I would prefer to have ones made specifically for the
Fedora docs.

Also, it looks like you mocked up a page of the help that is included in
one of our configuration tools. Since those tools are shipped in both
Fedora and RHEL, we might want to do away with the Fedora logo in the
CSS for the config tools help inside the tool so the developer doesn't
have to make sure the right logo is included for whatever OS he is
building the package for.

Thanks for doing this!
Tammy