new project leader

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Apr 2 00:11:30 UTC 2005

Heh, I forgot to reply to this. :)

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 16:19 -0500, Tammy Fox wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks to everyone who has helped with the Fedora docs project. After a
> slow start, I think we are steadily gaining momentum.

Yes, there is a lot of good energy.  This is an awesome time to be doing
documentation in Fedora and at Red Hat.

> >From the Red Hat side, Karsten Wade has really stepped up and
> demonstrated leadership potential. So much potential in fact, that I
> have decided to turn over leadership of the project to him. Most
> projects change leadership once a year or more, and I think this is a
> great idea for our project as well. In the future, the project leader
> will change on a yearly basis, if not sooner.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Tammy. :)

As she said elsewhere, the real strength of the project is in the
steering committee.  The chair/project leader just keeps that committee
on track, and makes or enforces decisions.  The chair takes actions with
the consensus of the committee.  This is inline with the meritocracy
philosophy behind the Fedora Project.

Still, someone has to be willing to find the consensus, make decisions
amid the storm, and all that.  For now, that'll be me.  Later, someone
else from the steering committee will fill the position, and then maybe
I'll be back again. :)

More about this committee is forthcoming, Real Soon Now.

Tammy, thanks again for your steady leadership and foundation that the
whole project is built upon.  I'm dern glad you are going to be on the
committee. ;-)

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide