why o why

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 09:08:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:42:51 -0400, "Paul W. Frields"
<stickster at gmail.com> said:

> > Often a worked thru example is worth more than 20 pages of "documentation"
>
> I could not agree more.  From my previous life as an instructor, I'm a
> big believer in "tell me, then show me, but most importantly let me do
> it."

Random idea, before I forget about it: Since we are using CVS, is it
possible (or worthwhile) to have a CVS module for new writers to
practice on (perhaps as part of a tutorial) ?  I'm thinking of the
"sandbox" pages that all Wiki systems include for newbies to experiment
with and make mistakes.
--

Stuart Ellis