why o why

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 06:49:06 UTC 2005

Hi

> You can easily track changes with wiki , implement workflow and change
> history ...revert the changes, discuss changes  ..edit document
> online, resolve conflicts  and yes its possible to export wiki into
> docbook format do lot dynamic stuff with content ...
> (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/DocBook_XML_export) ...

I suspect that learning how a wiki system manages all this would have a
similar learning curve to using CVS and Docbook.  We really should be
more worried about getting suitable content rather than refining the
submission process now. If you are using OO.o and can manage to get your
the document submitted using whatever methods that is followed currently
we can look into other options to improve the whole process using wiki,
better GUI tools like conglomerate and so on. Just my opinion

regards
Rahul