why o why [off topic]

gaurav gauravp at hclcomnet.co.in
Thu Apr 21 09:00:14 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi

>>> Shipping all sorts of proprietary software can also be used  a means
>>> of increasing "enterprise" viablity.  This  discussion is more
>>> involved than that
>>>
>> Yes like RHEL
>

> RHEL doesnt ship any proprietary software either.

says who ...they ship sun jdk  and proprietary nvidea drivers
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-February/msg01368.html

Red Hat clearly possesses exclusive legal rights to Red Hat Enterprise
Linux, namely the exclusive legal right to distribute RHEL in binary
form, and most importantly, the accompanying exclusive legal right to
pass along the ISV certifications associated with the RHEL binary
distribution. Red Hat uses a legal vehicle, a cleverly crafted license
it calls a subscription agreement, to enable it to possess these
exclusive legal rights in a product that can continue to be marketed as
open source.

I an NOT  talking about shipping some propreitry software .....I am
referring to supporting ...so please dont mis quote me or be more off
topic  !!

> Fedora project doesnt target any enterprises or data centers so the
> point is moot anyway

"The goal of The Fedora Project
<http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/terminology.html> is to work with
the Linux community to build a *complete, general purpose* operating system"

"Complete" which means fedora can be used in any enviorment that
includes data center or enterprises... many people  companies specially
ISP run  on  fedora in their data center .... I guess redhat  does not
treats fedora as lab rat for upcoming rhel solely