why o why [off topic]

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 13:47:56 UTC 2005

Hi

> Whats wrong On Document for deployment of Oracle on fedora or RHEL

I am not claiming that its wrong but I would like a discussion (not just
between us) before it gets accepted officially. So I am dropping off
this conversation until others participate in it

> Even tldp and freebsd has lots of documents/howto  regarding
> oracle/sap /db2 etc
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle-7-HOWTO.html
>
> does that mean they are against open source ?? Doesnt it increases
> Linux acceptability

I was merely suggesting at improving or simplifying present
documentation process and this not about my oracle doc ( I have already
submitted it to tdlp) .... I hope you realize this :-)

For your information I have been arguing that LDP move its documentation
on non-free software to a seperate section or remove it altogether. You
can find those extensive discussions aka flame wars archived in the LDP
discuss list too.  So atleast  I am being consistent even if you dont
agree with me.

regards
Rahu;