Minutes FDSCo 16 August 2005

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 21:56:12 UTC 2005

Nice little meeting today, tools and mentoring were the main topics.

FDSCo Meeting
16-AUG-2005
#fedora-docs on irc.freenode.net

Attendees:
==========
Tammy Fox
Paul Frields
Tommy Reynolds
Stuart Elliss
Gavin Henry
Karsten Wade

Contributors:
=============
Patrick Barnes
Bob Jensen

Updates:
========

Discussions about participation and recruiting are beginning on
f-docs-l.  These tie into ongoing discussions on f-marketing-l.

Documentation Project has a few mentors.  See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors for more information.

Actions:
========

Karsten - make sure FC devels know where to point potential writers

Paul - how-to engage tidy-bowl

Tommy - patch tidy-bown to add '-n' to not change doc but show changes
        only - DONE

Paul, Stuart, Karsten - Post yum tutorial, deprecate old update
		        tutorial - DONE

All - if you want to be a mentor:

      * pick someone to contact from
        http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Contributors
        * anyone is worth asking, they might appreciate the help

      * Cc: the initial contact to f-dsco-l, with a blurb such as, "I
        Cc:'d the docs project committee so we can keep track of who
        we each contact."

	* Alternately, send a separate email, if you prefer.

      * Ask to keep mentoring discussions on f-docs-l *or* have
        summaries occassionaly sent.  For example, the mentee could
        send an email, "I discussed this idea with Karsten on IRC, and
        he thinks it will work great, so this is what I'm doing ..."

## 30 ##
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide