docs ideas, dream big

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Mon Aug 22 10:38:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 04:04 +0200, Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 19.08.2005, 02:10 +0100 schrieb Stuart Ellis:
> > On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 17:35 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > > This sparked an idea for a Fedora Guide to Useful Linux Documentation.
> > > This would have links to fora and TLDP that are applicable/useful to
> > > Fedora.
> >
> > That would be a useful thing to have.  I wrote some material a while ago
> > that we could reuse to start this off:
> >
> > http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~hobb/fedora/nextsteps-en/  (the Finding
> > Help section)
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to incorporate this into the FDP? What I've
> seen on the fly it's quite perfect and nearly ready to be published.

The Next Steps document was originally intended as a post-installation
appendix to the main Installation Guide, and Section 4.5 and 4.6 are in
the final Installation Guide, but the other sections (and the rest of
the content of the document) aren't in an active document because there
isn't yet an appropriate document to put them in.

If somebody is looking for a small and easy project to get started with,
converting "Finding Help" into an FDP document would be straight
forward. I can either provide what's on the page as a plain-text file,
or open a CVS module and add the DocBook source file.

A direct link to the Finding Help section, for anyone interested:

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~hobb/fedora/nextsteps-en/sn-finding-help.html

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA