Fedora User Guide

Andrew Hudson webmanagement at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 05:54:27 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> I am not fond of the "user guide" name. It isnt specific enough for my
> taste. If we have a system administrator guide tommorow, it would like
> those people arent users of Fedora. If you are writing about the
> desktop, call it a desktop guide. It is what it is

Rahul,

I agree with you - I was just referring to the name that it has
currently been given in the DocIdeas wiki page.

I'd much prefer that it was something slightly appealing about it,
perhaps 'Fedora Desktop 101', or 'Getting Productive with Fedora'. At
least these two titles are perhaps more informative and helpful than
just Desktop Guide. What do other people think?

I'm going to have a think about an outline for such a document today and
try to post later on when I have chance. My initial thoughts are to have
a self-contained document covering all aspects of Desktop Fedora,
limited initally to packages included in Core.

And on the subject of informative and helpful - do we default to US
English for docs?

Thanks,

Andrew