Desktop Guide/Moving From Windows to Fedora

Andy Hudson webmanagement at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:26:40 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently away on vacation so haven't had much chance to sit down
and do anything with the Moving From Fedora to Windows guide. However
I should get some time to sit down this week and do some writing.

I think there will be a fair amount of cross-over between the Moving
from Windows to Fedora and the Desktop Guide. However, the initial
'Getting Started' is literally an orientation sheet designed to help
new users to get settled into their new OS and provide pointers to
other documentation that will have fuller explanations. I'd like to
think it would be mentioned in the release notes at some point when it
is finished.

Given that this was mentioned as a possible test of the Wiki - does
this mean you want me to write directly into the Wiki and it will be
ultimately transformed into XML?

Finally - it would probably be good if we could mirror the desktop
guide to what people actually want to do with their computers. I added
a line to the Graphics section of the Desktop Users Guide about
Digital Cameras - this is one of the biggest reasons why people use
computers and we should reflect this. I actually could get some access
to research done into why people use their computers and could
summarise this if it would be preferable. The only problem is that it
would be for UK users only - I can't get data on the US. Besides,
we're not *that* different, are we? ;)

Thanks,

Andrew