Self-Introduction: Peter Boy
pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat Aug 20 22:22:18 UTC 2005
Following the format of the Fedora Documentation Project self-intro at
1. Full legal name
* City, Country;
* Profession or Student status
senior scientist, research fellow (social science research
methods and statistical computing)
managing director of the research institut IT infrastructure
* Company or School
University of Bremen, Germany
* Your goals in the Fedora Project
* What do you want to write about?
- planning guides, integration of heterogeneous
- Administration / tutorials about Samba, LDAP,
databases (esp. Postgres, MySQL, UDB), Apache, Tomcat,
- Installing / using Java;
* What other documentation do you want to see published?
Nothing specifically. Would like to see a comprehensive
and well structured Fedora documentation in order to
help it to usable for a large community.
* Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical
I'm not a native English speaker, but could comment on
overall structure and technical accuracy of a document.
* Anything else special?
- Can do translation (to German)
- As a scientist I have some experience in planning and
writing technically oriented articles and books, which
might be helpful here sometimes
* Historical qualifications
* What other projects or writing have you worked on in the
- Wrote several articles about installing, maintaining
and using linux systems and programs (non-linux, too)
- Contributed to IBM Redbook (ITSO, Austin) (was about
- teaching students (using linux for different
scientific reseach tasks)
- maintained some rpms for Linux based Sun systems
* What level and type of computer skills do you have?
Experienced administrator and application program
developer (mainly database related applications,
client/server applications and web services)
- being in business with various computer systems
- knowledge about AIX, OS/2, various linux
- programming skills in various languages, esp. C/C++,
- Web site development (design, HTML/csss/php/Java,
* What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
User interface design, other so-called soft skills
(people skills), programming, etc.
- Organisation of team work
- overall planing and development of conceptions for
publications about specific topics
* What makes you an excellent match for the project?
I do a lot of writing on my job about Linux and generell
IT topics which might be useful for FDP, too (hopefully)
* GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub 1024D/59786EEA 2005-08-20 Peter Boy (Fedora Docs Project)
<pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de>
sub 1024g/C695D937 2005-08-20 [verfällt: 2010-08-19]
More information about the fedora-docs-list