relnotes XML in CVS is now canonical

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Dec 10 03:42:36 UTC 2005

For a short while, we used the Wiki as the canonical resource for
release notes, until snapshots were taken for specific releases.

Those pages [1] continue to hold very current content, but it is truly
draft information.

With the creation of the DocsRawhide [2], we can now show the latest
build from CVS directly.  This removes the need to use the convenience
of the Wiki to show content to readers.

For now, integration of content between the Wiki and the XML is done
semi-manually.  This means that the Wiki may have updated information,
but it is not reliable until it is in the XML in CVS.

Thanks - Karsten

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats

[2] http://webtest.fedora.redhat.com/docs/ is the beta home
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject