Self Introduction: Martin Joseph Brej

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 17:41:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 14:10 -0800, Martin Joseph Brej wrote:
>      1. Full legal name:  Martin Joseph Brej
>
>       * City, Country, Timezone:  Monterey, California, USA (Pacific
>         Time)

Let's get together at a LUG sometime soon and discuss Fedora Ambassador
ideas, as well as general geeking.  SMAUG (Santa Cruz Microsoft
Alternatives Users Group) meets every Monday night at 8 pm at Tiny's in
Capitola, and I'm sure the Gentoosians there would love to ridicule our
efforts. ;-D

<snip lots of good stuff>

Grand!  Welcome, looks like you'll fit in quite nicely.

I think we may need to review the self-intro, as it is quite writer
focused.  We have needs beyond writing/editing, although that is
obviously the bulk of who should be on the project.

For example, I'm going to send out a request for scriptwriting and video
editing to this list, as we work on a Fedora Tour.  Very different set
of skills than your run-of-the-mill tech writing background. :)

>               * What other skills do you have that might be
>                 applicable? User interface design, other so-called
>                 soft skills (people skills), programming, etc.  I am a
>                 very organized worker--part of my project management
>                 background, so over time, that may be an area that I
>                 can contribute as well.

One area that I think Fedora, and most FLOSS projects, need is good
project management.  We don't have to launch a formal effort
necessarily, but any ideas you have in this regard for the Fedora
Documentation Project are much appreciated.  I've worked in PS
organizations with real PMs, and what an amazing difference a well run
project is.  I aspire to doing that within FDP.  We can then export our
ideas, processes, templates, etc. to other projects.

cheers - Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject