OpenOffice stylesheets

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Dec 28 01:45:06 UTC 2005

Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> If memory serves me correctly, and there's always a first time,
> someone looked into using OpenOffice to output DocBook.  Doesn't this
> need a stylesheet or something?  I thouht it may be time to revisit
> this.
>
> Cheers

DocBook export is a feature of OpenOffice.org 2.0.  All you need is to
install the openoffice.org-xsltfilter and openoffice.org-javafilter
packages to enable it.  I've not looked into the quality of the DocBook
output it produces, but I'm sure we could come up with ways to clean it
up or templates/guidelines to follow to get it producing what we need.
I'm not sure if it can import DocBook, but I don't even know if we'd
need it to.  I suppose it is a similar situation to what we have with
the wiki.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com