Installation Guide TODO list

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jan 25 11:08:24 UTC 2005

Hi

 Xen, PUP and Fedora Extras are all in the
> early stages of
> development, and will probably require making
> multiple alterations to
> the documentation that the FDP supplies as they
> emerge.

I am not sure xen requires many externally visible
changes that should be covered in the installation
guide. its fairly experimental for fedora now and
something that can probably be configured *after* the
installation if required

pup and fedora extras can be covered as notes as
expanded later

> Also, FC3 has another year of updates left (counting
> Fedora Legacy
> support), so it will remain relevant for some time.

I am not saying fc3 is no more relevant. I am only
concerned about yet another release getting out with
no good docs targetting it.

> For these reasons I would prefer to build a final
> release against FC3,
> and then fork development for an FC4 Installation
> Guide.  Karsten's
> previous mail talked about splitting development
> between versions, and I
> agree with his comments.

ok. how about you doing the branch now and adding a
todo for it adding notes on whats expected to change.
I am actively following the fedora development tree
(running rawhide) and lists (discussions on fedora
extras, xen and what not) so I might be able to cover
up the intial stuff necessary for getting a fc4 guide
ready for the release. we shouldnt delay this waiting
for something to be made perfect. a branch of the
guide for fc4 is usable at this stage even now. lets
get the ball rolling for this please

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram