Screenshot Queries

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 14:39:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:02:50 -0800, "Karsten Wade" <kwade at redhat.com>
said:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 01:56 +0000, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2004-
> > August/msg00347.html
> >
> > On my to-do list is trialing QEmu as a VMWare replacement, and
> > that would get around the dependency on non-Free software, even though
> > it's not very a elegant solution.
>
> You might also want to try Xen.  Lots of activity happening in
> development.

It sounds stunning, and I'll definitely be giving it a go when test 1
comes out.  I'm interested in QEmu because it looks like an almost
drop-in replacement for VMWare - about the same level of invasiveness
(or less) and it even claims to take VMWare disk images.  I need to keep
Windows images around...
--

Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk