fedoraproject.org

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Sat Jun 4 16:46:51 UTC 2005

I'm not clear on this.  Who is responsible for http://fedoraproject.org/
?  I'm not sure how many people actually use this base URL, but it needs
some loving.  One of the links is broken, and it could be more
informational.

One idea that I had is that this URL could redirect to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ and that the Wiki's front page could
feature all of the existing links, with a brief description.  This would
allow easier maintenance, and would automagically make the page more useful.

With Red Hat announcing the creation of The Fedora Foundation, it seems
like Fedora's information will eventually move away from
fedora.redhat.com to its own domain.  I don't know if this would be
fedoraproject.org or something entirely different.  If the migration is
to fedoraproject.org, then my above suggestion would not create any
problems.  Simply removing the redirect and dropping content similar to
fedora.redhat.com would be acceptable.  The Wiki and the rest of the
fedoraproject.org hierarchy would not conflict with the content
currently at fedora.redhat.com, and links could be added to whatever
main page is at the base URL to direct people to the current
fedoraproject.org content.  If anyone needs any clarification on my
thinking, drop me a line.

For reference, the broken link currently at http://fedoraproject.org is
the 'Fedora FAQ pages at homelinux' link, which points to
http://fedoraproject.org/faq , which redirects to
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/wffaq when it should redirect to
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/smartfaq .

Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes