More Contributors added.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:35:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 10:49 +0100, Gavin Henry wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Contributors

Michael and Bob,

Welcome to the project! Please check out some of our informational
sources if you haven't already:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject - Notice the information on
process.  We are a younger project, but because documentation quickly
becomes canonical on a subject, it's especially important that work here
gets vetted before release in a way that is not good for actual code,
where the rule is "release early, release often."

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/ - The
Documentation Guide is the next FDP Major Work(tm) we will be tackling,
this time for a rewrite to make it more useful to non-coders and
newbies.

I am always up front about the fact that, although I known a little C/C
++ and a smattering of other stuff, I don't code for a living.  I don't
want to read documents that are written for coders.  Like Bob, I believe
that if a document is to be useful, it needs to have a definite target
audience.  If that audience includes novices, the doc needs to be
written as such.

Right now we have a deficit of writers, so I hope both of you will
please consider bringing in some ideas for tutorials you want to write.
If you don't have any ideas handy, I will keep you both "in the loop"
for writing small chapters of the Documentation Guide (at first), to cut
your teeth on the process and tools.  Ask frequent questions, since
we're all here to help each other.