HCL Considered Harmfull [Re: Fedora HCL guide writers?]

Chidananda Jayakeerti ajchida at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 22:53:01 UTC 2005

Thanks for the comments so far. I do understand the task is
monumental. However, if drivers are being written and maintained for
hardware, maintaining a compatibility list should be possible and will
be immensly use to users.

Is it possible to achieve an HCL for limited set of hardware, to begin
with. Servers and workstations can be a good start.  We do not have to
maintain an exhaustive list of webcams' keyboards, printers
(linuxprinting does a good job)  and mice etc.

We could also have several maintainers for the HCL based on categories.

Chida