CVS problem

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Thu Jun 9 21:06:07 UTC 2005

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 15:45 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> It seems to me our direction is clear, in that all the CVS heads *and*
> me agree. :)
> 1. Move all of the common files to a single module, docs-common
> 2. Make that a peer of other modules, in terms of build environment and
> how it is pulled from CVS
> 3. Adjust build environment and parent XML files to use the new module]
> 4. Create a shell script that automates the following:
>    a. Clean-up before initial import of source
>    b. Clean-up prior to each commit ... maybe it removes all ~ files and
> puts anything in .cvsignore that is not already in CVS?
> How does that look?

If you still like the sub-directory method, after the import just put
a symlink into your document directory:

$ ln -s ../docs-common .

and you'll get the same behaviour as the truely-nested version.

Unfortunately, CVS doesn't understand symlinks so this must be done
AFTER the initial import.

Cheers