xmlformat licensing

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:34:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 13:41 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 13:08 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > > How many clauses did you omit in your original description of the REX
> > > license?
> >
> > None.  The licensing text is reproduced *in its entirety*, as I stated
> > in my message.  The license is attached to the implementations of REX
> > written by the author of the paper from which they are drawn.
>
> Those clauses describe the MIT licence.
>
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

Yes, only the license does not include the disclaimer of warranty, and
it specifically requires attribution of modification, which the MIT
License does not require.  The MIT License only requires that the
copyright and license information must also accompany any modified
versions.  Therefore, it's not an MIT License.