Re: toolchain - what's happening?

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade redhat com>, spake thus:

> Can I get some information/status on these items?  These are some starts
> and stops we've made over the last few months, and I'm working on
> bringing them all together into an alpha toolchain.
> * Patching of xmlto to use Saxon
> Did Gavin and Tommy work on this?

I produced an updated xmlto that uses the FOP tool to do all the
conversions except HTML which still uses xsltproc for that.  I will
look at converting it to saxon.

> * Compiling of Saxon and fop using gcj
>
> Did Tommy get anywhere on this?

I didn't get much success here, but I should try it again before
offering a real answer,  I'll let you know.

Cheers