Re: Saxon?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 05:05:43PM -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:

> Uttered Tim Waugh <twaugh redhat com>, spake thus:
>
> > Maybe we should be looking at xmlroff, which doesn't have a dependency
> > on *yet another* XML parser
>
> Xmlroff just doesn't work at all yet.  Try converting the IG, for instance.
>
> At least these saxon/fop partially function.

It's unfair to say it doesn't work at all, but it certainly isn't
something that will work for everything right now, that's true.

But I do really question the benefit of switching xmlto to using
Saxon.  We should be concentrating effort on the XSL-FO -> PDF step,
not the XML -> XSL-FO step which already works perfectly well.

Tim.
*/