Saxon?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 15:52:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 09:41 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 05:05:43PM -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:

> But I do really question the benefit of switching xmlto to using
> Saxon.  We should be concentrating effort on the XSL-FO -> PDF step,
> not the XML -> XSL-FO step which already works perfectly well.

Agreed in principle.  However, see previous comments about keeping in
step with the leaders of the DocBook community.  For that reason alone,
we behoove ourselves to consider Saxon.  It's like using Emacs for
DocBook -- it is not required, it is not essential, but it sure can make
writing a -ton- easier.

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide