Bugzilla assistance

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Jun 19 19:52:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 10:57 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Karsten (or others),
>
> Is it possible that some of the folks here could get Bugzilla
> "clearance" to help resolve and reassign bugs in Bugzilla?  There's a
> number of bugs starting to pile up that are either (1) bugs that should
> be filed against other components, (2) quick fixes that we could resolve
> after fixing in CVS, or (3) blank bugs saved either by accident or
> through user Lack O' Clue(tm).  While it's possible that this initial
> surge may die down, would you like some help clearing out some of the
> chaff?  Consider this an offer of same.

Short answer, yes, please.

One can certainly clear up the issue within the bug without having any
further bugzilla access, right?

I don't know how to fool with bugzilla ACLs, that's something we can
discuss.  I -think- that any user can at least add information to a bug,
such as a patch or, better yet, a pointer to the fact that it is fixed
in CVS.

When fixing in CVS, I highly recommend referring to the specific
bugzilla number in the CVS commit message.  This ties together the two
disparate pieces.  I'll put this in the Doc Guide to-add list.

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide