Re: Handling Multiple Document Versions in CVS ?

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 15:01 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered Stuart Ellis <stuart elsn org>, spake thus:
>
> > I've now got source files for a FC3 version of the Installation Guide,
> > and so need to check this in alongside the FC4 version currently in CVS.
> > AIUI we can either create subdirectories within the CVS modules for each
> > version, or use tag/branch features of CVS.
> > In case it makes a difference - each version is about 18 MB (due to
> > graphics).
>
> I'm working on resolving this issue and owe the list a HOWTO, but to
> put it succinctly:  tag and branch.

OK.  I'm now going to be off-line for the rest of the week, but when I'm
back in I'll either read the HOWTO very carefully or check with you
about doing this.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart elsn org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA