Self-Introduction: Tatsuo Sekine

SEKINE tatz Tatsuo tsekine at sdri.co.jp
Wed Jun 29 07:50:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,

this is my self introduction:

Full legal name:
  Tatsuo Sekine
  (In our culture, surname is coming first. So, I  normally
   write my name "SEKINE Tatsuo", however, my name is
   "Tatsuo Sekine" in English :-P)

City, Country:
  Sydney, Australia (temporary: I'm living in Sydney until this November)
  /Yokohama, Japan

Profession or Student status:
  Student (temporary: I'm studying English now)
  /IT engineer/IT writer

Company or School:
  a private English language school
  /System Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd.

Your goals in the Fedora Project:
o What do you want to write about?

    First of all, my first language is Japanese, so I'd like
    to translate documents. If I can feel confidence about
    my English, I'd like to write about yum repository
    construction.

o What other documentation do you want to see published?

    Now, I have no idea.

o Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical accuracy?

    Yes. Technical accuracy is really important, though my
    grammar/writing is sometime terrible.

    Usually, I trace the document step by step when I am
    translating. At that time, I notice technical
    inaccuracy/ambiguity. Actually, I've reported some bugs
    as the result of translation.

o Anything else special?

    I (and some other) am really interested in the
    translations. (So, I'll join fedora-trans-list later.)

Historical qualifications:
o What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?

    I'm a member of Fedora JP project where we translate and
    publish a lots of document.  I'm currently translating
    the RELEASE-NOTES. Moreover, I have committed RH/Fedora
    via the bugzilla(#89292,#126940 and so on).

    Apart from Fedora related project, I'm also a member of
    Linux JM project where we translate Linux man pages. In
    addition to that, the one of my job is technical
    writing, so I have written some books for Linux
    administration and shell scripting.

    Additionally, I was a member of Kondara Project which
    was also free distribution project. Unfortunately, that
    project have been discontinued for some reasons.

o What level and type of computer skills do you have?
    Novice kernel hacking, expert RPM packaging and etc.
    For more detail, please see my profile on SF.net:
      http://sourceforge.net/people/viewprofile.php?user_id=4153

o What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
  User interface design, other so-called soft skills (people
  skills), programming, etc.

    I have not written programme for a long time, however, I
    hope that I can do it still now.

o What makes you an excellent match for the project?

    I'm not sure.

* GPG KEYID and fingerprint:

  $ gpg --fingerprint 24DBA1FC
  pub   1024D/24DBA1FC 2003-01-09
	Key fingerprint = 18FE E474 7399 3E74 FCE4  F36E C26C 9AD7 24DB A1FC
  uid                  SEKINE Tatsuo <tsekine at sdri.co.jp>
  sub   1024g/70477FE4 2003-01-09