[ANN] docs-common/Makefile.common

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:54:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 10:43 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 09:32 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> > Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:
> >
> > > I made a few changes to the Makefile.common, and I think that should
> > > work now.  The example-tutorial/Makefile has been updated as well.
> >
> > For "nochunks", where do the graphics and images go?
>
> Whoops.  Well, originally I was thinking to myself, "Self, maybe you
> should just leave that stuff out since it makes for, uh, more than one
> file."  Then I thought better of it... now the images and CSS come into
> the current directory where they're expected.  I don't see a big value
> in a "nochunks-tarball," but if you disagree there's no reason we
> couldn't have that target.

By the way, the XSL has been fixed to embed the legalnotice in the
nochunks version rather than creating an outboard file.  While someone
shipping a document without images or CSS doesn't "break" the document
per se, if it goes without the legalnotice intact, that could be
considered an actual problem.