fdp css negates docbook attributes

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Wed May 18 15:53:27 UTC 2005

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> Anyway, this is how I understood things, but again, I pretty much just
> scribble and wield a red pen here.  Am I way off base here, or is it
> just that we have failed to cover guidelines on using some of this
> DocBook markup?

I believe we have some implicit assumptions that need to be made
explicit:

1) No, repeat NO, style information within the XML files; leave that to
   the CSS stylesheet.  As you say, this gives us a uniform
   appearance for all the FDP documentation.

   BTW: this is exactly my point in suggesting we have our own
   minimal DTD that takes the tags outlines in Tammy's
   Documentation-Guide, exactly as written there.  Keeps folks from
   getting clever.

2) We expect to render PDF output as black/white/greyscale.  Yeah, it
   looks generic, but it is real cheap to print versus 3-256 color
   printing.

I think this is all it would take to clarify matters.

Cheers