release-notes/FC4 kernel.xml,1.3,1.4

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue May 31 05:15:07 UTC 2005

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> I suppose since these are commented out they don't affect anything
> except ... well, I can't figure what.  I'm soooo curious, how do they
> make editing easier?  Is it to keep track of the entities used?

Well, I don't use a buggered-up emacs (as if there were any other
kind ;-), so the localvars stuff does nothing for me.  I always have
an appropriate DOCTYPE at the head of the file; when I want to edit
the file, I just un-comment it and voila -- any XML editor just
works(tm).  When I'm done editing, I just recomment it; if I forget
then the XSLT step breaks with lots of crazy errors, but at least they
point straight to the extra DOCTYPE element.  The locale <!ENTITY>
stuff just keeps the editor from whinning about undefined entities.

Bob's your uncle.

--
| Tommy Reynolds                  | Email: <Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com>  |