Self-Introduction: David-Paul Niner

David-Paul Niner dpniner at dpniner.net
Wed Nov 2 19:26:58 UTC 2005

Greetings!  My name is David-Paul Niner.

I am a 35 year-old "just returning to college" male presently residing
in Orange Park, Florida (that's a suburb of Jacksonville in the very
northeast corner of the state), in the United States.

Although I am only presently attending part-time classes (I recently
resigned from the local government arena, but enjoyed dragging them into
the world of open source nonetheless), I will begin full-time studies in
the Computer Science program at the University of North Florida in the
Spring of 2006.

I enjoy writing immensely.   The idea of becoming part of something as
important as the Fedora Project excites me; I feel I have much to
contribute.

My several years experience as a network/systems administrator and my
independent studies of CS have allowed me to develop a certain level of
comfort when communicating with others on a technical level.  However, I
also enjoy acting as a translator for those less inclined to learn the
more arcane aspects of computer operations and the language itself.

Have you ever met someone who was absolutely obsessive about writing
and/or grammar perfection?  If so, it was probably me.   I'm the sort of
person who reads everything over two, three, and occasionally four times
before committing to it.   It's both a blessing and a curse, but it's
something I enjoy.   I take great pride in attending to detail.

I have no formal technical writing training (save for the usual grammar
and literature classes taught in college), although I feel confident
that I can "hit the ground running" in that area.

The simplistic genius of the Gnome environment impresses me; It is that
style of interface design--the enormous amount of function balanced
against a nearly clutter-free layout--that I find attractive.   Having
the ability to fine-tune one's desktop environment is, in my opinion,
not nearly as important to the average user as some believe; I believe
that ease-of-use and intuitiveness will always be more appreciated.
If this is a vision shared by you then perhaps I could benefit your team
by doing some interface design work.

As an aside, I enjoy creative writing as a form of stress relief, and
have given serious thought to attempting to publish a work of fiction in
the near-to-mid future.

I have great respect for both the Fedora Project  and for the individual
members who compose the whole.    Redhat/Fedora is the only flavor of
Linux I've seriously come to study, and I've been using one form or
another now for nearly eight years (and have used Fedora on the desktop
since its conception).    I'm now ready to give back in some way if
anyone is interested!

Below please find my gpg information for review:

pub   1024D/215E3188 2005-11-02
      Key fingerprint = AA92 20F2 DE95 49AA 860D  814B 6DB3 37A5 215E 3188
uid                  David-Paul Niner (I'm the real DP!)
<dpniner at dpniner.net>
sub   2048g/48A8C44F 2005-11-02

Your time and attention are appreciated,
David-Paul Niner

believed to be clean.