xmlstarlet (was: Re: Advise on Fedora RPM's)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 00:36:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 17:42 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> > > Oops!  The RPM contains the *patched* sources, instead of the
> > > pristine sources and a patch.
> > > Give me a couple of minutes, and I'll fix it.
> > Can I just back out the patch on your site above?  I can do it if you're
> > busy, no prob.
>
> I've posted the corrected RPM's at the address mentioned above.
>
> This turned out to be a bit more tricky than usual.  I needed to modify
> the Makefile.am file because I needed to "./autogen.sh" instead of
> "configure".  Oh, well that's one.
>
> Have lotsa fun...

Oh I did.  BTW, where did you get that tarball?  It's not posted at the
URL referenced in your spec file.  Is it a CVS d/l?  Anyway, since they
haven't issued it as stable I slipped back to the 1.0.1 release.  I also
had to do a little sleuthing to get everything in the docs and the
program to agree to call itself "xmlstarlet".  The results are ref'd in
the Bugzilla entry:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/173924