Local document customizations

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 13:38:52 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

Some of our process documents can become somewhat large, which lends
well to the chunked html output.  Taking that a step further we've found
it helpful to have 2 toc settings where the main table of contents only
goes one level deep (chapter).  Once you click on a chapter you then see
the detailed toc for that section.  This has received some good mileage
and seems break up a document into manageable chunks.

To see an example of the output see
http://people.redhat.com/~jlaska/documentation-guide-en/ .  Curious what
folks think about this, is there a way to allow doc writers to make this
customization without modifying main-html.xsl?

Thanks,
James

 James Laska         -- jlaska at redhat.com
 Quality Engineering -- Red Hat, Inc.