translated screen image

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Mon Oct 31 17:55:08 UTC 2005

Uttered Yoshinari Takaoka <mumumu at mumumu.org>, spake thus:

> as you know, fedora installation guide has many figures, and they are english
> screen. i want to relpace them with translated (in my case, japanese) screen.
> can i commit translated images (i.e *-ja_JP.png, *-ja_JP.eps) to the
> install-guide/figs/ directory?

Yes.  Name the figure similarly to "picture-<locale>.png" and use the name
"picture-<locale>.png" in your <imagedata> elements.

If a graphic applies to all languages, name it "picture.png" or
"picture-en.png".  If a graphic has been i18n'ed, then name it
"picture-<locale>.png".

The "docs-common/Makefile.common" already has rules to copy the
graphics into your HTML output "figs/" subdirectory.

Cheers