Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 11:36:03 UTC 2005

Hi

>I looked briefly through this FAQ,
>and a couple of points struck me.
>
>1. I wonder if it is good advice to suggest people should use
>NetworkManager to set up a network?

If its a wireless network, it is not a bad idea to suggest that

>2. I noticed in the same answer that it appearded to be assumed
>the user was running GNOME.
>That seems a mistake in a FAQ.

I dont see any such assumptions

>3. I thought the section on hardware problems was slightly misguided.
>The fact is, there are many hardware configurations
>where one can have problems installing Fedora
>without overheating of the CPU, etc.
>In fact, I would have thought problems of that kind
>were pretty rare nowadays.

The list of hardware issues to check is written by me based on Dave Jones's blog at the number of bugs filed against the kernel which are really due to flaky or bad hardware, so there is a real need for it

regards
Rahul