Self-Introduction: Scott Glaser
sonar_guy at c-ccom.com
Sat Sep 17 15:22:54 UTC 2005
Full legal name (as you use it is fine)
* Virginia Beach, VA, USA
* Senior Engineer
* Lockheed Marting
* Your goals in the Fedora Project
* What do you want to write about?
* Just about anything that will make Fedora
easier to understand for a New Users.
* What other documentation do you want to see published?
* That is hard to say, first I would like to
assist in making the Fedora Core 4 Installation
Guide a document that will help new users in
installing Fedora Core with little or no
assistance no mater what method of install
* Do you want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical
* I am willing to help the group in any way I can.
* Historical qualifications
* What other projects or writing have you worked on in the
* I have done a bit of technical writing while an
employee at Lockheed Martin. Mainly test
procedures, but lately I have had to generate
and edit some Linux/Networking training
lessons and presentations as non-programmer
I think the Documentation Project is a
perfect fit for me as a way to contribute.
* What level and type of computer skills do you have?
* I am an electronics specialist that has learned
how to use computers as part of my work. I am
currently preparing to return to school as I
realize that I still have a lot to learn about
computers. I have a vast general knowledge in
various computer platforms from PC to VME
and have worked with just about every OS that is
* What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
User interface design, other so-called soft skills
(people skills), programming, etc.
* Being an employee of a major defense
contractor I have numerous skills that
may be of benefit. As I work with the US
Navy I am pretty good a taking technical
data and making it easier for the end-user
to understand. I would say that I am pretty
good at generating how-to documents.
* What makes you an excellent match for the project?
* I guess what makes me an excellent match for
the project is the fact that I really enjoy
helping people learn how to use Linux. I
started with Redhat 6.x and have not turned
* GPG KEYID and fingerprint
pub 1024D/599000BD 2005-09-17 [expires: 2006-09-17]
Key fingerprint = 61F5 C7DF 2F63 4A53 44D2 B9BE 3841 EA4F 5990 00BD
uid Scott Glaser (Sonar_Guy) <sonar_guy at c-ccom.com>
sub 2048g/A6676129 2005-09-17 [expires: 2006-09-17]
Fedora Core User
Web - http://members.cox.net/sonar_guy/
More information about the fedora-docs-list