I did it!

Sam Folk-Williams sfolkwil at redhat.com
Sat Apr 22 12:29:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 04:29:55PM -1000, Edward Haddock wrote:
> Aloha,
> 	Pardon the newbie excitement but I have successfully mapped a
> half-height external USB Hard Drive as my /home and after copying /home
> in FC4 to it then booting into FC5 and mapping /home to it...presto
> bango...I am now running FC5 no worries. I did lose a few things in the

Edward,

What you did here is super cool and helpful, but do keep in ming that caviat
that USB hard drives (and thumbdrives) are prone to data corruption and you
should definitely keep a copy on your internal drive as well (or some other
backup). I'm not sure about the state of USB drivers in FC5, but previously
there have been issues with usb disks failing at a higher rate than internal
disks.

Sam