I did it!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 18:32:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 11:08 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 19:03 -0400, Debbie Deutsch wrote:
> > In a perfect world I would suggest a
> > marketing program in which people who were new to Fedora (and probably
> > Linux) could get paired up with experienced folks who were willing to
> > act as one-on-one mentors.  Even better, what if the mentors could be
> > nearby geographically (or at least timezone-wise)?  The logistics boggle
> > the mind, alas.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors
>
> These are mentors mainly for becoming contributors to Fedora.  The
> program hasn't seemed to extend to cover just helping users.

Although to be fair we already have IRC #fedora, FedoraForum.org,
fedora-list...  One thing about the mentors program is that it is
premised somewhat on regularity.  Having user support as part of Mentors
would tend to wear the contributors unevenly -- i.e. some mentors end up
being more popular and thus more weighed down.  With the other venues,
people stop in and help where and when they can, which tends in the long
view to be very "evenly wearing."