Focus on two guides for FC6 and a schedule

Scott Glaser sonar_guy at c-ccom.com
Fri Aug 18 13:47:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 15:53 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> We have just enough time to complete two important guides for FC6:
>
> * Desktop User Guide (new)
> * Installation Guide (update)
>
> This would give us an additional guide over the FC5 release.
>
> We need to do this with the resources we have now, while doing our magic
> for the release notes.  A bonus would be getting both guides available
> for translation prior to the release.  I've updated the schedule to
> reflect this.  Our content is due into alpha/draft on 28 August (Wiki)
> or 30 August (XML in CVS):
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule
>
> To succeed, we need to focus FDP on getting this done.  I ask each of
> you to put your name on *one* of these contributor pages, or two if you
> are not doing a primary role on the second guide.  We need to be
> realistic about how much personal time we have to finish these on time.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Contributors
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/InstallationGuide/Contributors

I have signed up for both of these as I see them as an Important part of
the Fedora Documentation. I do not have the time to lead either, but I
would like to contribute to both.

Also a part of our Fedora Unity Project we were looking to possibly
migrate the posts from http://fedorasolved.org that can be incorporated
into the DUG, this has been a part of our mission from day one. There
are several post that could be incorporated easing the process of
creating the information from scratch.

V/R

--
Scott Glaser