Proposed new document: Kexec/Kdump Usage Guide

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 17:26:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 13:05 -0400, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> > Side note: ia64 already has relocatable kernel support (so no -kdump
> > kernel needed), plus some ia64 memory alignment quirks make it a bit
> > different... But we don't have a formal FC ia64 release anyhow. :)
> >
> If we don't have the formal release, not sure if we should note this.
> Any other opinions?

I was just throwing it out there as a case where a different process
would be necessary, unlike i386 vs. x86_64, wasn't even thinking about
putting it into the doc.

However, there *are* folks running rawhide on ia64, and a group that
does produce an unofficial ia64 FC, so the case could be made to mention
ia64 details as well -- maybe on its own page though? I'm open to either
route, and can certainly provide the ia64 details (though let it be
known that only kexec currently works at the moment, kdump is
busticated. :).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com