Focus on two guides for FC6 and a schedule

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 05:46:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 15:53 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> > A bonus would be getting both guides available
> > for translation prior to the release.  I've updated the schedule to
> > reflect this.  Our content is due into alpha/draft on 28 August (Wiki)
> > or 30 August (XML in CVS):

I work best when given a deadline (focuses the mind). I will work with the
28 August date as my deadline. I have already done some changes via the
Wiki. My EMACS/DocBook skills are still very basic, but I hope to be
up-to-speed soon.

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I'd like to point out that it is VERY important that people read and
> agree with the information in the DUG's Introduction, particularly
> Assumptions.  If you don't see a skill listed there, avoid writing as if
> the reader had it.  Those skills should be kept to a minimum because the
> only people who will be interested in this guide are beginners to the
> world of Linux.  If they are comfortable with computers, the DUG is
> *NOT* going to do them a world of good.  It's more for Grandma, as I see
> it.  Be gentle and inclusive!

Paul, I agree with your approach. We should keep the intended reader in
mind. The English vocabulary should also avoid jargon as much as possible
(my personal defect).

Paul, Cody, Damien, Matt: please review the changes I made so far and let me
know if I'm on the right track. Unless instructed otherwise, I will continue
to concentrate on the DUG.

John Babich
gpg key: 42AF1331