Focus on two guides for FC6 and a schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 23:28:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 07:47 -0400, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> I have put myself down as a writer/install tester for the IG. As I put in the
> note on that page, I can find some time for targeted tasks but won't be able to
> assess what needs to be done. If someone can assign me some specific tasks I'll
> be able to tackle them.

Sam,

A good targeted task would be screenshots of the installation.  You can
find guidelines for how to format these for publication in the
Documentation Guide at http://fedora.redhat.com/docs .  Doing these
iteratively at test3 time is probably not terribly vital since some of
the screens will likely change by final release time.  What I *really*
need (as guiding dude for IG) is to be able to call on you to do it:

1.  Now, so we can use it to guide the revisions;
2.  Pre-final release, probably only a couple weeks before it actually
happens.

Can you tackle #1, and get a handle on whatever technical hurdles you
need to overcome to get those shots?  That would be great.  Feel free to
look at what's in Docs CVS already and you can safely omit anything that
has not changed since FC5.  (Do check against current test2 or Rawhide,
though.)  Thanks for the offer of help!