Fedora Installation Guide FC6

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 18 14:18:22 UTC 2006

Scott Glaser wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Per our discussion Tuesday evening in #fedora-docs there were a few open
> items for the FC6 Installation Guide. This is what I got out of the
> logs:
>
> 1. Need to cover the extra repo entry.
> 2. Need to cover IPv6.
> 3. There are still a couple odds 'n' ends that also need to be covered.
>
> I need a bit more information. What is the extra repo entry? What are
> the other odds and ends? Could you please expand on these so I can get
> started on these this weekend?

I guess "extra repo entry" refers to the ability of Anaconda in Fedora
Development tree to use any yum software repository during installation
itself so that you can select and install packages from Fedora Extras
and any custom defined repository by providing the url

There are a couple of screenshots at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours/FedoraCore6

IPV6 and other changes are documented in the Anaconda package changelog
and in the current release notes beats

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Installer

Note that the above beats covers things in terms of features and we
would want to rephrase things so that the end user *benefits* are more
clearly stated. I will do that in the release notes before the general
release of Fedora Core 6.

You can talk to Jeremy in #fedora-devel Freenode IRC channel or mail
katz at redhat.com (cc'ed) to discussion these things further.

It is also likely that the installer will have a different theme before
the final release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemeSubmissions/DNATheme

Rahul