Focus on two guides for FC6 and a schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 14:53:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 20:13 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 21:15 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> > Scott Glaser wrote:
> >
> > > What I can do is compile a list of the links that look to be docs
> > > compliant (no questionable content).  I have started a list here:
> > >
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScottGlaser/DesktopUsersGuideUnityLinks
> > >
> > > As I go through more of the content I will update this list.  I hope
> > > this helps.
> >
> > Documents on installing software and editing configuration in the
> > terminal while being useful are out of scope for this guide.
>
> We can capture these under other draft guides, though, so feel free to
> continue to organize.

Right, I seem to remember a System Administration Guide in there
somewhere... ah, yes:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide

Generally though, guides are not a great place for "Add this other
non-default software and then you'll *really* be cooking!" stuff.  Small
tutorials are perfect, though.  If you can find a bunch that fit
together well, and meet a sensible set of user requirements -- not just
one guy's recipe for his favorite software combos -- I don't see why we
couldn't get that into publication.

For example, a Wireless Tutorial would be good.  It would probably have
to be restricted to ipw2100/2200/2915/3945 and any other software which
we can legally point to for end-users.  We could then include the
NetworkManager setup (all four lines of it) as well.