Self Introduction: Igor Miletic

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 01:27:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 13:15 -0500, Igor Miletic wrote:
> У сре, 06. 12 2006. у 07:55 -0800, Karsten Wade пише:
>
> > We should follow the modular style being used for the Fedora
> > Administration Guide now.  So, as a first interesting exercise, can you
> > create/update a page like this one for the
> > Docs/Drafts/SoftwareManagementGuide:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/Contributors
> >
> > The basic idea is to have a table with each chapter (module) in its own
> > row.  Then you can pick one or a few chapters to begin work on, putting
> > yourself down as the '''Contributor'''.
> >
> > John most likely wants to continue working on the FSMG, and you can see
> > what other writers are interested.
>
> I created the draft page here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/SoftwareManagementGuide/Contributors
>
> For now all links point to existing pages. I put myself for the Managing
> Software section, it seems to cover the yum part well, maybe I should
> add the pirut part with an example and possibly yumex part as well (i.e.
> show how to install it through pirut and then show how to use it)?
>
> Also, any other ideas are welcome too.

I would stick with pup/pirut for now.  That satisfies 90% of users'
needs.  The extra features of yumex are really only interesting or
useful to a pool of people who already have expertise.  As an example,
I've been using RPM packages for almost ten years and I rarely need to
use anything besides pup, pirut, or the occasional yum CLI myself.