Self Introduction: Igor Miletic

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 8 17:03:03 UTC 2006

> Igor Miletic wrote:
>
> >> I would stick with pup/pirut for now.  That satisfies 90% of users'
> >> needs.  The extra features of yumex are really only interesting or
> >> useful to a pool of people who already have expertise.  As an example,
> >> I've been using RPM packages for almost ten years and I rarely need to
> >> use anything besides pup, pirut, or the occasional yum CLI myself.
> >>

> > Ok, then it is just pup and pirut too add. I think yum is covered well.
>
> For Pup, see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/pup. You need to import and
> rework that content into the guide.

OPL++ and CLA++

Because of those, you can do as Rahul suggests, pull content from
anywhere on fedoraproject.org.  In some cases, coordinate with the
maintainer of that page; you may be able to offer wordsmith fixes back
and have that person be the canonical maintainer for the content in both
locations (one drawing from the other).

We'll have to look into ways to handle that.  In the Wiki, one way is to
have the child locations be [[Include(PageName)]] macros.  The you
literally maintain one location with multiple output locations on the
Wiki.

In this case, Igor, I think you are safe retiring the wiki/pup page and
moving the content over permanently.  You can leave a #REDIRECT
NewPage/Name in the old page (just that in the body of the page makes it
redirect to the new page).

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project